In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data via the website of FWTM Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik und Messe GmbH & Co. KG
§ 1 – Definitions and contact data
1. Personal data is all data that relates or can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, usage behaviour.
2. The responsible party for data processing is FWTM Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik und Messe GmbH & Co. KG represented by the managing director Hanna Böhme.
You can reach the responsible body at
3. The data protection officer of FWTM Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik und Messe GmbH & Co. KG is our certified data protection officer and lawyer Marc E. Evers.
§ 2 – Purpose and legal basis of data processing
1. Collection of personal data when visiting the website
When you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. when you visit our website, we do not process any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website. This means that we only store access data in so-called server log files, which are stored until they are automatically deleted. These are:
Date and time of the request
Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (specific page)
Access status/http status code
Amount of data transferred in each case
Website from which the request came
Operating system and its interface
language and version of the browser software.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
Ensuring a smooth connection of the website
Ensuring comfortable use of the website
Evaluation of system security and stability, and
For further administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para.1 p.1 lit. f DS-GVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
§ 3 – Recipients of your data
1. Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
You have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO, the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data, in the event that there is a legal obligation to disclose your data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, as well as this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
2. Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data.
3. If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the respective offer.
§ 4 – Duration of the storage of your data
The data stored by you will be saved for the duration of the processing of your general contact enquiry or your offer enquiry or for the processing of the contract concluded with you. As soon as the processing or our contractual relationship has ended or you make use of your rights mentioned under § 5, your data will be handled in accordance with your exercise of rights as defined in § 5, and deleted if necessary, unless longer retention periods are provided for by legal regulations. As soon as these retention periods under tax and commercial law have also expired, your data will be deleted.
§ 5 – Your rights
1. Information, correction, deletion, restriction or data portability
You have the right to request information from us at any time about the data we have stored about you, as well as about its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data is passed on and the purpose for which it is stored. You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another person responsible.
You have the right to correct, restrict and delete the data we have stored about you at any time, provided that there are no statutory retention periods to the contrary.
2. to object to or revoke the processing of your data at any time
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Where we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time.
3. complaint to the data protection authority
If you do not agree with the handling of your personal data stored by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
All requests for information or objections to data processing should be sent by e-mail to our data protection officer and lawyer Marc E. Evers: email@example.com
§ 6 – Cookies
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already been to our site and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
§ 7 – Consent Management Tool Usercentrics
In order to fulfil our obligations under data protection law, we use the consent management tool Usercentrics from Usercentrics GmbH, Sendlinger Straße 7, 80331 Munich ("Usercentrics").
Through the use of Usercentrics, data of website visitors regarding granted or revoked consents (opt-in, opt-out data, consent ID, consent number, date and time of consent, implicit or explicit consent, banner language, customer setting, template version) and device data (device information, browser information (https agent, https referrer), anonymised IP address) are processed. This data is transmitted to Usercentrics.
The data processing is carried out to fulfil our legal obligations according to Art 6 (1) c) DSGVO. Further information on data processing at Usercentrics can be found at
§ 8 – Use of Google Analytics
1. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the "cookie" about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP analysis is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
2. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
4. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the "cookie" and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
6. The use of Google Analytics is in accordance with the condition on which the German data protection authorities agree with Google. Information of the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ldt., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the data protection declaration: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
§ 9 – Integration of Google Maps
1. On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently. This serves to protect our legitimate interests in an optimal marketing of our offer, which outweigh our interests in the context of a balancing of interests, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. 2.
2. By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 2 of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish your data to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 10 – Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
§11 Integration of YouTube videos
1. We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission]. This serves to protect our legitimate interests in optimal marketing of our offer, which outweigh our interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
2. By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 2 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website in line with requirements. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Notes on video surveillance of the building
Here you will find further information on video surveillance of the building.
Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik und Messe GmbH & Co. KG
Neuer Messplatz 3